BARBER APPRENTICE COURSE
DESIGNED FOR THE ASPIRING BARBER APPRENTICE
This two-year, competency-based course covers orientation and safety in the trade, haircuts and hairstyles, shaves, shampoos, rest facials, and scalp manipulations.
Our prerequisites meet the minimal requirements set by the Department of Labor Relations, Division of Apprentice Standards (DAS), the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology (BBC), and the Local Education Agency (LEA).
- Be at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a parent or guardian to sign the apprentice agreement.
- Evidence of 10th-grade education or equivalent.
- Provide a copy of a valid social security (SSN) or Taxpayer identification (TIN) number.
- Provide a copy of a government-issued ID.
- If convicted of a felony, we must receive a copy of all records related to arrest, court, parole, and/or probation.
- Commit to completing 32 (OJT) hours a week (3200 OJT) total and 260 hours of related supplemental instruction in a classroom.
- (1) Have a trainer
(2) a trainer licensed by the Board who is willing to teach you, and
(3) an establishment licensed by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology (BBC) that is willing to allow you to work. Your trainer and establishment cannot have outstanding fines.
GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND
The Barber Apprentice course also includes entrepreneurship, salesmanship, an employability skills evaluation, and a mock test for the Written State Board Exam. The competencies in this course are aligned with the California High School Academic Content Standards and the California Career Technical Education Mode ln Curriculum Standards.ENROLL NOW →
JOIN OUR NEXT ORIENTATION
Classes 9th, 10th and 11th
UNTOUCHABLE APPRENTICE EXPLAINED